We’re demanding Facebook do their job in ensuring their platform is not used to incite violence or undermine the Election outcome both before Election Day and beyond.
Our demands have been developed by experts and campaigning groups who understand the complexity of the Facebook machine. This is what Facebook must do to protect democracy:
- Ban events, groups, paid ads and organic content that directly, or with coded language, incites violence – including that of the President.
- Pause group recommendations until the election results are certified.
- Demote the top 100 misinformation super-spreader groups.
- Correct the record on viral misinformation so those exposed receive alerts with fact-checked corrections.
- Hire, support, and adequately train more in-house content moderators so charities, NGOs and individuals do not have to keep doing Facebook’s moderation job for them.
Want to do more?
Sleuth Facebook for content that incites violence or misinformation. Screenshot it and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will highlight the most egregious examples in our daily “shows” and submit all of them to Facebook as evidence.
#DoYourJob is a coalition of campaigning organisations standing up to unaccountable tech to defend our rights to a free and fair election.